Tuesday 14 January 2014

How to make Carbonara sauce..

What is Carbonara sauce?

Carbonara is a beautiful creamy Italian dish.
Carbonara sauce is the signature sauce, comprising of primarily eggs, cream and cheese.

It is scrumptious and perfect for sprucing up leftovers.



The best thing about Carbonara sauce as there are many variations - you add what you like to get the flavour you like. (Try extra cheese and serve over a chicken breast wrapped in bacon)
Plus Crabonara sauce goes with almost anything - Gammon, Chicken, Bacon, Pasta, Sweetcorn, Peas, Pork, Salmon..... the list goes on and on.

This sauce is an awesome find!

How to make Carbonara sauce

Last week we had spaghetti Carbonara with out left over gammon, Our recipe is below....


1 onion
1garlic clove 
Drizzle of olive oil
2 eggs
300 ml double cream
Grated gran Padano (can't remember how much oops!)
Salt and pepper to taste


1. I peeled and chopped the onion and placed it in a saucepan with the oil
2. I finely slice the garlic and added it to the pot 
3. I switched on the heat and cooked until soft. 
4. Added a pinch of salt and few twists of black ground pepper.
5. I gave it one last stir and took it off the heat while I prepped the eggs and cream...
6. I cracked the eggs into a bowl and have them a quick whisk.
7. I added the cream and mixed thoroughly. 
8. I returned the pan to the heat and add our creamy mixture. 
9. I brought it up the boil - stirring continuously.
10. I reduced the heat to low and added the grated grana Padano and stirred until melted.

This was a very tasted! The onion was chopped into quite large pieces and added texture as well as flavour. We added the sauce and chopped gammon to cooked spaghetti - delicious. We served with a sprinkle of cheddar cheese - YUM.

I served mine with extra gammon and Courtney's potato salad.

Whilst researching I found these quick, easy and handy carbonara recipes....



No comments:

Post a Comment